Burning an Audio CD with MusicMatch
Here are instructions from About.com.
How To Make Music CDs from MP3 Files
From Steve Allen, Your
Guide to Digital Music for doing this using MusicMatch Jukebox:
Would you like to play your downloaded MP3 or WMA files on your stereo or portable CD player?
Making music CDs is easy with MusicMatch Jukebox. Once you have collected the MP3s and/or WMAs
you want to put on your CD, follow these easy instructions:
Time Required: 20 minutes or less
- Download a copy of MusicMatch Jukebox from MusicMatch.com. The "Plus" version has more features and
burns CDs faster, but the free one is good enough for most purposes.
- Close all running programs, including e-mail and Web browsers.
- Open MusicMatch and make sure the MP3s or WMAs you want to put on the CD are
listed in the Library. If not, click the "Add to Library" button and it will
search your hard drive for music files.
- Drag the files you want burned from the Library to the Playlist Window in the
upper right-hand corner. (If the Playlist isn't empty, just click "Clear.")
You can rearrange the track order by dragging items up or down.
- Click the "Burn" button below the Playlist Window
- MusicMatch will calculate the total space available on the CD.
If you have added too many songs, you will be warned and you can remove
- Once you have added all the tracks, insert a blank, recordable CD into your
- Click "Burn."
- The CD will now be created. Depending upon the speed of your recorder,
this could take anywhere from two minutes to more than 15 minutes.
It is important to not disturb the computer before the CD is created.
- Remove your CD and enjoy it in your home, car, or portable stereo!
- Are some of your MP3 files louder than others? MusicMatch has a "volume leveling"
feature which will correct this. To enable it, click "Options...Recorder...Settings"
and check the box labeled "Prepare tracks for volume leveling."
- Use only CD-R blanks; many music CD players cannot read CD-RW disks.
- If your computer has been running for a long time, reboot it before beginning